Re: PANIC: could not write to log file {} at offset {}, length {}: Invalid argument - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PANIC: could not write to log file {} at offset {}, length {}: Invalid argument
Date
List pgsql-general
> (I got to wonder whether it would be worth the complexity to show more
> information when using _dosmaperr() for WIN32 on stuff like
> elog(ERROR, "%m"), just a wild thought).

Maybe.  It's been in the back of my mind for a long time that the
_dosmaperr() mapping may be confusing us in some of these hard-to-explain
trouble reports.  It'd be great if we could see the original Windows error
code too.  Not quite sure how to mechanize that, though.  Places where we
do stuff like save-and-restore errno across some other operation would break
any easy solution.

            regards, tom lane