Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From jonasmehler46
Subject Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018-Jul-07, David Fetter composed:

> If they have no plans to practice any exclusive rights, our standard thing

> process where individuals submit things and consent to have us name them

> with the PGDG copyright and distribute them under TPL would be the

> most straightforward approach to achieve it.

Eh, however in the event that the submitting organization has licenses,
would it not be untrustworthy

to distribute as PGDG copyright and permit with no joined patent give?

Some other organization getting a restrictive fork from Postgres could later

be sued by the submitting organization, on the grounds that there is no
legitimate standing

for them to utilize the licensed code.

TBH I don't see in what capacity would we be able to double permit the code
in a way that

secures those restrictive forks. Can you (Andres) clarify what is the

thought?

Regards:
Kamagra <https://www.potenz4all.com/>

-----