Re: Timezone database changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Timezone database changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Trevor Talbot" <quension@gmail.com> writes:
> I don't know if there have ever been retroactive changes to DST laws
> we could look at, but I could easily see a change like that affecting
> some things and not others.

Even a politician would hardly be silly enough to make a retroactive
DST law change.  On the other hand, it is *entirely* possible for a
computer system's DST rule files to be updated only after the effective
date of a law, and I think that's the case you'd want to design for.

Maybe, when you look at it that way, the past and future cases aren't so
different after all ...