Re: [GENERAL] Using MS Access front-end with PG] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Using MS Access front-end with PG]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Klint Gore <kg@kgb.une.edu.au> writes:
> Is there any way to create operators to point like to ilike?  There
> doesn't seem to be a like or ilike in pg_operator (not in 7.4 anyway).

Actually it's the other way 'round: if you look into gram.y you'll see
that LIKE is expanded as the operator ~~ and ILIKE as the operator ~~*
... so one of the alternatives I was thinking of offering to Paul was
to rename those two operators to swap 'em.  However I'm afraid that
that would break the planner, which has some hardwired assumptions
about the behavior of those two operator OIDs.  Maybe we should change
the planner to look a level deeper and see what functions the operators
refer to.