Re: SPI example does not work for 7.1beta4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: SPI example does not work for 7.1beta4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Limin Liu <limin@pumpkinnet.com> writes:
> I am learning and using SPI. In PostgreSQL documentation chapter "Server
> Programming Interface," there is a small example name "execq(text,
> int)".
> This example works as the document says on 7.0.3 and earlier version,
> but this example DOES NOT work on my 7.1 beta4.

Hm.  textout() can't be called that way anymore --- as indeed your compiler
should have told you, if it's any good at all.  I get

execq.c: In function `execq':
execq.c:13: warning: passing arg 1 of `textout' from incompatible pointer type
execq.c:13: warning: passing arg 1 of `SPI_exec' makes pointer from integer without a cast

Looks like the example is in need of update.  Thanks for the report.