Re: ECPGset_var - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ECPGset_var
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb@cybertec.at> writes:
> Michael Meskes írta:
>> Zoltan, could you please look into this:
>> http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dugong&dt=2010-01-26%2011:05:01 ?
>> Apparently dugong creates the ECPGset_var statements in a different order than
>> the other archs.

> It seems mongoose also fails the same way,
> the common factor seems to be ICC, other machines
> with various GCC versions are green . I'll look into it.

The problem is you've got calls like this:
               $$ = cat_str(4,                            adjust_outofscope_cursor_vars(this, true),
       adjust_outofscope_cursor_vars(this, false),                            make_str("ECPG_informix_reset_sqlca();"),
                          comment);

in which the order of evaluation of cat_str's parameters is unspecified,
but adjust_outofscope_cursor_vars has got order-dependent side effects.