Re: BUG #14294: Problem in generate series between dates - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #14294: Problem in generate series between dates
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> "Christoph" == Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
>  Christoph> To avoid DST problems, wouldn't a "date"-based
>  Christoph> generate_series be the safe way to go?

> The lack of generate_series(date,date,integer) is sometimes annoying,
> even though it can be worked around using the timestamp-without-timezone
> variant of generate_series.

Or you can do it with "base_date + generate_series(integer...)".

I think we looked at this when the timestamp generate_series functions
were put in, and were worried about overloading the name so far that
common use-cases would get ambiguous-function failures.  If that can
be shown not to happen, though, it'd be worth adding such a function
IMO.

            regards, tom lane