Re: explain root element for auto-explain - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: explain root element for auto-explain
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Updated version with more complete information (regression crash was due
> to my bad script).

I took a look through the source code to match it against this.  I found
that you missed a couple of possibilities: we have <Notify /> and
<Utility-Statement /> as alternatives to <Query> just below <explain>.

Also, it looks to me like <Item> is simply being used as an element
of lists (cf ExplainPropertyList); I was mistaken to equate it with
<Expr>.  I don't know XML well enough to understand if we really need
that syntactic detail, or if there's a more idiomatic way to treat
lists.

BTW, I wonder why <explain> doesn't have an init-cap like every other
node type name ...