Re: timeout implementation issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: timeout implementation issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Actually, we could probably prevent transaction abort on syntax(yacc)
> errors, but the other errors like mistyped table names would be hard to
> prevent a rollback, so I guess we just roll back on any error.

I don't think that what we categorize as an error or not is very
relevant to the discussion, either.  The real point is: should SET
have rollback behavior similar to other SQL commands, or not?
If we had savepoints, or ignorable syntax errors, or other frammishes
this question would still be the same.