Re: SQL statement in an error report for deferred constraintviolation. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jack Gao
Subject Re: SQL statement in an error report for deferred constraintviolation.
Date
List pgsql-general
Konrad Witaszczyk wrote
> Hi,
>
> While PQresultErrorField() from libpq allows to get context in which an
> error

> occurred for immediate constraints, and thus an SQL statement which caused
> the
> constraint violation, I cannot see any way to find out which SQL statement
> caused an error in case of deferred constraints, in particular deferred
> foreign
> key constraints.
>
> Is there any way to check which SQL statement or at least which row
> violated a
> constraint when it's deferred? If not does anyone know why there is such
> restriction?
>

> Konrad
>

> signature.asc (981 bytes)
> <http://www.postgresql-archive.org/attachment/6015088/0/signature.asc>

First of all, you need to locate the problem SQL by modifying log
parameters.

sed -ir "s/#*logging_collector.*/logging_collector= on/"
$PGDATA/postgresql.conf
sed -ir "s/#*log_directory.*/log_directory = 'pg_log'/"
$PGDATA/postgresql.conf
sed -ir "s/#*log_statement.*/log_statement= 'all'/" $PGDATA/postgresql.conf

Execute this SQL and send error message in the log.

regards

Jack Gao

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html