Re: Planning to change autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor value tozero. Please suggest me if any negative impact. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Planning to change autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor value tozero. Please suggest me if any negative impact.
Date
In response to Re: Planning to change autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor value to zero.Please suggest me if any negative impact.  (Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Raghavendra Rao J S V wrote:
> Are you suggesting me to keep "autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit"  to zero or
> "  autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor" to zero or both? Please clarify me.

autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit is effectively 100 by default.
You could raise it to 2000 or more.

If that does not take care of your problems, set autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay to 0.

That will make autovacuum even more aggressive.

Do *not* set autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor to 0.  That will just cause autovacuum
to run all the time without getting anywhere.  Sorry for trying to use irony in
e-mail; I am aware I shouldn't do that.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe