Re: 12.1 not useable: clientlib fails after a dozen queries (GSSAPI ?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 12.1 not useable: clientlib fails after a dozen queries (GSSAPI ?)
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter <pmc@citylink.dinoex.sub.org> writes:
>  I don't think this has anything to do with "pg". Just checked: I get
> garbage and misbehaviour on the "psql" command line tool also:

> $ psql -h myhost flowmdev
> psql (12.1)
> GSSAPI-encrypted connection
> Type "help" for help.

> flowmdev=> select * from flows;
> message type 0x44 arrived from server while idle
> message type 0x44 arrived from server while idle
> message type 0x44 arrived from server while idle

Oh ... that does look pretty broken.  However, we've had no other similar
reports, so there must be something unique to your configuration.  Busted
GSSAPI library, or some ABI inconsistency, perhaps?  What platform are you
on, and how did you build or obtain this Postgres code?

            regards, tom lane