Re: [patch] \g with multiple result sets and \watch with copy queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [patch] \g with multiple result sets and \watch with copy queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org> writes:
> The psql improvement in v15 to output multiple result sets does not
> behave as one might expect with \g: the output file or program
> to pipe into is opened/closed on each result set, overwriting the
> previous ones in the case of \g file.

Ugh.  I think we'd better fix that before 15.0, else somebody may
think this is the new intended behavior and raise compatibility
concerns when we fix it.  I will see if I can squeeze it in before
this afternoon's 15rc2 wrap.