Re: [PostgreSQL+SOCI+BOOST] Compile error in core\exchange-traits.h with PG and SOCI on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [PostgreSQL+SOCI+BOOST] Compile error in core\exchange-traits.h with PG and SOCI on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
"Lawry, Brian" <blawry@cccglobal.com> writes:
> This isn’t really a PostgreSQL question but I’ve gotten no response to the following
> issue posted on the SOCI-users list.  I’m posting here in the hope that someone has
> experience building SOCI for PostgreSQL with Boost type support on Windows.

> I can build an application that doesn't use boost::tuple without error.
> However, if I do use boost∷tuple, I get:
>   c:\develop\soci-3.2.3\core\exchange-traits.h(40): error C2065: 'x_type' : undeclared identifier

x_type is not a name used anywhere in Postgres, and never has been AFAIK.

I'd speculate that the root of your problem is a version mismatch between
BOOST and SOCI, but it's only speculation.

            regards, tom lane