Re: Resetting database password - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Resetting database password
Date
List pgsql-admin
Munyutu Waigi wrote:
> We desperately need assistance to regain access to our DB, TSAOMS Droplet.
> Our developer (Fred Omala) has gone AWOL and our clients cannot access our solution.

If local connections are allowed "trust" or "peer" authentication in
pg_hba.conf, log into the database server as user "postgres"
and start "psql".  Then you can use ALTER ROLE to change database
passwords.

If all fails, you'll have to stop the database server and start
it in single user mode (as operating system user "postgres"):

postgres --single -D /your/database/directory postgres

Then you are connected with superuser permissions and can change
passwords.

If all that is too complicated for you, contact a support company.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe