Re: BUG #1775: UTF8 to ISO does not convert the german "sharp s" (ß) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Marcus Raphelt
Subject Re: BUG #1775: UTF8 to ISO does not convert the german "sharp s" (ß)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2005 um 10:27 schrieben Sie:

TI> Problem here is the result of convert(ort using utf_8_to_iso_8859_1)
TI> is ISO-8859-1 but your database encoding is UTF-8,

Not exactly, my database is in iso_8859_1, only the opengeodb-dump is
solely available in utf-8.
The whole thing is no problem so far, as I can convert the values in
the application that uses the data - I just wanted to let you know.

TI> I guess what you want to do is:
TI> SELECT plz, loc_id, ort from orte_de
TI> where plz between 20000 and 30000
TI> order by convert(ort using utf_8_to_iso_8859_1)

Well, that was a fantasy-query :) just to show some "odd" values, I do
not need that much data in the application. Currently, I cannot
retrieve ready-converted iso data from the orte_de view, as converted
names that contain "ß" are not shown...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Marcus Raphelt                            mailto:marcus@raphelt.de