Support Inquiry - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From PG Doc comments form
Subject Support Inquiry
Date
List pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/backup.html

Greetings,

My name is Jorge Castro, I am an support engineer from Google Cloud Premier
Partner in Mexico, we have a potencial client which uses your EnterpriseDB
Postgres Services.

They are currently migrating to Google Cloud, and there's already one
"premade" solution in the Google Cloud Launcher with the EnterpriseDB
licencing, but we want to make testing in the Cloud SQL, with the Postgres
Beta Service.

While migrating there was an error which couldn't help finish the import.

I assume the EnterpriseDB is a paid licenced service and the SQL dump files
have some particular details that doesn't allow to fulfill the client
request.

While searching in logs i got these messages:

"FATAL:  pg_hba.conf rejects connection for host "201.149.36.242", user
"postgres", database "cloudsqladmin", SSL off"

Also:

"ERROR:  unrecognized configuration parameter "edb_redwood_date""

 The file i'm trying to import is a EnterpriseDB postgres sql file (version
9.6.6.11) and wanted to migrate to Cloud SQL Postgres (9.6),

While reviewing the sql dump file i find redwood_date as an enterprise DB
parameter for date, (i suppose this might be corrected if deleted).

Do delete this parameter could solve this? Or do i have to ask client to
export a new dump file? Does the EnterpriseDB can export a regular Postgres
file?

Why is this config file (which i believe is on the on premise server and not
in the SQL dump file) affecting this Postgres import, since it's being done
with a dump file and not transfered directly from the server?

I hope you can help us so we as partners can recommend your solutions
alongside with Google Cloud's.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Jorge C.Greetings,

[...]

I'm still reviewing and saw an article in which a pg_dump file and
pg_restore are mentioned as a must so i'm confused if i need another file or
if i need to set a new file in the Cloud SQL Postgres instance.