Re: apparent problem on linux/s390 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: apparent problem on linux/s390
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>> Hercules is a tested and proved emulator but I have a vague doubt
>> that it's IEEE FPU emulation may be slightly different from the
>> real iron's one.

> Maybe we should mark the buildfarm member as "s390 emulator" ?

> Meanwhile, if anyone knows of real big iron that could join the buildfarm
> that would also be good.

I can't put it in the buildfarm ;-) but I have access to real s390
hardware inside Red Hat.  I'll try to run a test build and see whether
the regression tests pass.

I would expect that s390 floating point is not even remotely
IEEE-compliant; they'd have stuck with the S/360 behavior which predates
the IEEE spec by probably 20 years.  Whether it's worth generating
variant regression files for this arch, I don't know.