Re: Lock problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lock problem
Date
List pgsql-general
"Victor Sterpu" <victor@caido.ro> writes:
> I have a problem that it seems to be very hard to debug.
> Problem is from some postgresql locks. I use PostgreSQL 9.1.8.

You haven't actually explained what your problem is.

> I runned this query to fid the locks:
> SELECT bl.pid AS blocked_pid, a.usename AS blocked_user, kl.pid AS
> blocking_pid, ka.usename AS blocking_user, a.current_query AS
> blocked_statement FROM pg_catalog.pg_locks bl JOIN
> pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity a ON a.procpid = bl.pid JOIN
> pg_catalog.pg_locks kl ON kl.transactionid = bl.transactionid AND kl.pid
> != bl.pid JOIN pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity ka ON ka.procpid = kl.pid
> WHERENOT bl.granted;

This query proves little.  It might find two different transactions
waiting for the same transactionid, but it doesn't show that one is
waiting for the other.  They could both be waiting for some third
transaction.

            regards, tom lane