Re: Add support for logging the current role - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add support for logging the current role
Date
Re: Add support for logging the current role  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On 01/14/2011 05:08 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It actually sounded like a pretty good idea to me.

> If you have a format string, what do you want to do with the bits of the
> format that aren't field references?

I was thinking of it as being strictly a field list.  I don't know
whether it's really practical to borrow log_line_prefix's one-character
names for the fields (for one thing, there would need to be names for
all the existing CSV columns, not all of which equate to log_line_prefix
escapes); but in any case anything other than field references would be
disallowed.  If you prefer to use a name list as the syntax that's fine
with me.