Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> configure fails to recognize "long" as a working 64-bit type because the
> does_int64_work configure test produces warning due to a missing return
> value declaration for main() and a missing prototype for
> does_int64_work(). (Aain, those warning are turned into errors by -Werror).

autoconf's test programs tend to be sufficiently sloppy that I would
expect -Werror to break a whole lot of things, not just this.
We can possibly neaten up the particular test case but there are many
tests whose expansion we don't have much control over.