Re: plpython? (Was: Re: Damn triggers and NEW) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plpython? (Was: Re: Damn triggers and NEW)
Date
Re: plpython? (Was: Re: Damn triggers and NEW)  (elein <elein@varlena.com>)
List pgsql-general
Erv Young <ervyoung@nc.rr.com> writes:
> At 04:14 PM 6/17/2003 +0100, Nigel J. Andrews wrote:
>> Of course, given that plpython seems on it's last legs for now....

> Ummm....  (I haven't actually been on one of the nearby planets for the
> last 18 months, but the effect is much the same.)  Tell me more.

You can check our archives (search for "python" a month or two back)
but it seems that the latest Python release removes rexec because it
had some fundamental security holes.  That breaks plpython because it
depends on rexec.  We could change plpython to an untrusted language
if someone cares enough to develop a patch to remove the use of
rexec.  Otherwise I fear we'll have to pull it.

            regards, tom lane