Re: [BUGS] BUG #14736: Crash on postgresql server by autovacuum worker process - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14736: Crash on postgresql server by autovacuum worker process
Date
List pgsql-bugs
jothiprasath21@gmail.com writes:
> I got the following stack trace after the crash and i'm not sure what were
> the queries executing at the point of time.

The postmaster log would probably have told you what happened ... did you
save it?

Just looking at the stack trace, I'm thinking it probably was a file
write error (maybe just out-of-disk-space?) that got promoted to PANIC
because we were inside a critical section for commit.  If so, it's
operating as designed.