Re: issues with java driver setDate() on function call - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: issues with java driver setDate() on function call
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ismael ...." <ismaelpsp@hotmail.com> writes:
> I have a function declared as follows
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION insertaegreso(usuario1 integer, importepago1 numeric, fechapago1 DATE, concepto1 character
varying,tipopagonomina1 character varying, comentarios1 character varying)
> RETURNS integer AS....implementation....

> but when I try to call it using java's PreparedStatement pst;
> I get this error, (note: "no existe la funci�n" means "the function .... doesn't exists")
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: no existe la funci�n insertaegreso(integer, double precision, unknown,
charactervarying, character varying, character varying)

Actually I think your problem is with the *second* parameter.  There is
no implicit cast from double precision to numeric.

            regards, tom lane