Re: Improve the granularity of PQsocketPoll's timeout parameter? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Improve the granularity of PQsocketPoll's timeout parameter?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2024 at 2:25 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> "PG" as a prefix for typedefs in libpq-fe.h is a pretty ancient
>> precedent.  I'm not wedded to any of the rest of it --- do you
>> have a better idea?

> Hmm, well, one thing I notice is that most of the other typedefs in
> src/interfaces/libpq seem to do PGWordsLikeThis or PGwordsLikeThis
> rather than PGwords_like_this. There are a few that randomly do
> pg_words_like_this, too. But I know of no specific precedent for how a
> microsecond type should be named.

Hmm ... pg_int64 is the only such typedef I'm seeing in that file.
But okay, it's a precedent.  The thing I'm having difficulty with
is that I'd like the typedef name to allude to time_t, and I don't
think fooling with the casing of that will be helpful in making
the allusion stick.  So how about one of

    pg_usec_time_t
    pg_time_t_usec

?