Re: WG: Extension using the current connection handle - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: WG: Extension using the current connection handle
Date
List pgsql-admin
Wolfgang Brandl wrote:
> I have written a extension in postgres to call a Oracle Stored procedure.
> We have a Postgres table holding the usernames and password related to the Oracle SID.
>
> In my extension I wanted to select the username and password out of this table.
> Do I have to make a new Postgres connection or can I somehow use the current connection handel from the session Where
theextension will be called?

You would use the SPI interface to query database tables from
a C function:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/spi.html

If you don't feel like reinventing the wheel, there are tricks how
to do that with oracle_fdw.  You could create an Oracle table with
a BEFORE INSERT trigger that executes the procedure.

See https://stackoverflow.com/a/46360383/6464308

Yours,
Laurenz Albe