Re: BUG #17065: pg_restore never returns even on simple situations (maybe I just don't understand something) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17065: pg_restore never returns even on simple situations (maybe I just don't understand something)
Date
In response to BUG #17065: pg_restore never returns even on simple situations (maybe I just don't understand something)  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
> I tried the following commands, as user postgres
> -bash-4.2$ pg_restore -d copy
> ^C
> -bash-4.2$ pg_restore -d copy -v
> ^C
> -bash-4.2$ pg_restore -f animals-c -l
> ^C
> -bash-4.2$ pg_restore -f animals-p -l

> In each case, I ctrl-C'd after about 10 minutes of no activity.

In all these cases, pg_restore is expecting archive input to be
supplied on stdin.  You've provided switches that indicate where
its output ought to go, but there's no input.  Try something like

pg_restore -l animals-c

pg_restore -l <animals-c

pg_restore -d copy animals-c

pg_restore -f - animals-c