Re: HOWTO? Permissions for user to access a single db - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: HOWTO? Permissions for user to access a single db
Date
List pgsql-general
Damian Carey <jamianb@gmail.com> writes:
> We now need to provide access to an associate company to a single database
> (3 tables, ~10k rows) that our java app writes to (not JDBC, via
> Hibernate). We have a nice SSH tunnel coming in, but they cannot view the
> shared database (yes, I'm an amateur).

> I'm just looking for beginners suggestions to get this db visible to this
> user so we can continue our trials. They have their own Linux user login,
> and their SSH access gives them access to port 5432 and nothing else. They
> can see postgres, but no databases are visible.

What do you mean by "visible" ... that "select * from pg_database"
shows only "postgres"?  If so, the most likely theory is that they
are not connecting to the same Postgres instance you are.
There's not any permission-based filtering on what you can see in
that catalog.

            regards, tom lane