Re: GiST indexing problems... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David McWherter
Subject Re: GiST indexing problems...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Beautiful!  That fixed my problem.  One thing that might be
useful is to update the Index method-extension documentation
on the web site to reflect this problem a bit...if somebody
just wants to get a working index, it can be a bit misleading.
I'll probably go and see if I can construct a few words on
it after my current workload subsides a bit.

-David

Tom Lane writes:> David McWherter <udmcwher@mcs.drexel.edu> writes:> > But I still get the issue that my queries don't
seemto trigger the> > GiST indexes to be used.  Perhaps the problem is that the system> > just thinks that the query
doesn'tneed an index to increase > > performance, i've only got about a dozen elements in the database> > right now for
testingpurposes.> > Ah, so.  You're right, you need more data.> > You could try>     SET ENABLE_SEQSCAN TO OFF> if you
justwant to force use of the index for testing purposes.> >             regards, tom lane

David T. McWherter                udmcwher@mcs.drexel.edu

Never pay a compliment as if expecting a receipt.