Re: [PERFORM] synchronization between PostgreSQL and Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: [PERFORM] synchronization between PostgreSQL and Oracle
Date
List pgsql-performance
ROS Didier wrote:
>                I would like your advice  and recommendation about the following infrastructure problem :
> What is the best way to optimize synchronization between an instance PostgreSQL on Windows 7 workstation and an
Oracle11gR2 database on linux RHEL  ?

> Here are more detailed explanations
> In our company we have people who collect data in a 9.6 postgresql instance on their workstation that is disconnected
fromthe internet.

> In the evening, they connect to the Internet and synchronize the collected data to a remote 11gr2 Oracle database.
> What is the best performant way to do this ( Oracle_FDW ?, flat files ?, …)

If the synchronization is triggered from the workstation with
PostgreSQL on it, you can either use oracle_fdw or pg_dump/sql*loader
to transfer the data.

Using oracle_fdw is probably simpler, but it is not very performant
for bulk update operations.

If performance is the main objective, use export/import.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe