Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> On 04/22/2014 11:35 AM, Cédric Villemain wrote:>> "Big features", that
> is the ones we want to lead with in press stuff:
> >> * JSONB et. al.
> >
> > we already had JSON (and operator/functions) as big features
> > previously.
> You seem to be completely unaware of the new JSON storage format and
> features.  That's OK; it's why we do this ...

I'm aware. We cannot replace JSON thus we found another name for the
same thing better implemented.
It's true that this can be highlighted for the new expected performances
and indexing support.

> >> * Materialized Views
> >
> > This was already a big feature for 9.3
>
> Actually, it wasn't; see above.

Correct, I confused advocacy and release note (mat view is the first top
item in the 9.3 release notes)

> > * backup throttling  (can be linked with time-delayed stdby)
>
> Oh, cool.  Can you explain this?

The purpose of this feature is to limit impact of pg_backup on running
server.

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/