Re: A micro-optimisation for walkdir() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: A micro-optimisation for walkdir()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Excellent.  I'd like to commit these soon, unless someone has a better
> idea for how to name file_utils_febe.c.

As long as it's in src/port or src/common, isn't it implicit that
it's probably FE/BE common code?

I think it'd make more sense to insert all this stuff into file_utils.c,
and then just "#ifdef FRONTEND" the existing code there that doesn't work
in backend.  For one thing, that gives us a saner upgrade path whenever
somebody gets ambitious enough to make that code work for the backend.