Re: [GENERAL] make postgresql 9.5 default on centos 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: [GENERAL] make postgresql 9.5 default on centos 7
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Fri, 2017-08-18 at 13:50 -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
> I loaded 9.5 on CentOS 7 but by default every thing wants to use the default
> 9.2 version that comes with CentOS 7.
>
> Is there a simple way to fix this so the 9.5 version of tools and libraries
> are used.

yum remove postgresql-*
yum reinstall postgresql95*

will do the trick. Please note that the second one will restart the database,
so make sure that you run these in a maintenance period.

The first command will remove all OS PostgreSQL packages. This is a required
step to remove actual binaries from OS. The second command will reinstall the
packages, and they will create alternatives entries for the binaries, etc.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com