Re: Make & Install contrib/tablefunc Problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Make & Install contrib/tablefunc Problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer@grid.unep.ch> writes:
> I downloaded the correct version of the postgres package (8.4.3), and followed the indicated guidelines:

> You can build extensions for Postgres without fully rebuilding Postgres.  For the "contrib" extensions in the
Postgressource, just make sure the pgsql bin folder is in your path and define USE_PGXS before running make.  In a
Terminal,cd to the extension source folder and:

> export PATH="/usr/local/pgsql/bin:$PATH"
> export USE_PGXS=1
> make
> sudo make install

I believe those instructions are mistaken: make doesn't absorb variables
from the environment does it?  The "export PATH" is okay, but after it
do

    make USE_PGXS=1
    sudo make USE_PGXS=1 install

            regards, tom lane