Re: Problems Testing User-Defined Function - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems Testing User-Defined Function
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Rommel the iCeMAn" <icecrew@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for the input so far. No it wasn't a direct paste, what I did in fact
> type was SELECT sp_insert_manifest('me', 'me@you.com', 'me@you.com',
> 'test.txt', NULL, '2006/06/09'). The error message said something like
> function sp_insert_manifest(character varying, character varying, character
> varying, character varying, "unknown", timestamp) does not exist.

You were asked for the exact error message, not an approximation.  Given
that input I'd have expected all the arguments to show as "unknown" in
the error message, because none of them have well-defined types.

> I'll investigate the "CALLED ON NULL INPUT" option that Jim suggested.

Since that's the default anyway, adding it won't help you.  I suspect
you need to be looking for more prosaic issues, like whether the function
name is spelled correctly.
        regards, tom lane