Re: array_to_string(anyarray, text) that was working in 8.1 is not working in 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: array_to_string(anyarray, text) that was working in 8.1 is not working in 8.3
Date
List pgsql-sql
Greg Stark <greg.stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Huh, I didn't realize that ever worked in the past. I thought the way
> to do what the op describes was to cast it to text[] or whatever
> datatype you from out-of-band knowledge to expect.

We don't seem to allow that either ...

regression=# select array_to_string(histogram_bounds::text[],  '-') from pg_stats where attname = 'unique2' and
tablename= 'tenk1';

ERROR:  cannot cast type anyarray to text[]
LINE 1: select array_to_string(histogram_bounds::text[],  '-') from ...                                              ^

        regards, tom lane