Re: [JDBC] Streaming ResultSet - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From albertwang
Subject Re: [JDBC] Streaming ResultSet
Date
Re: [JDBC] Streaming ResultSet  (danap <danap@itstriangle.com>)
Re: Streaming ResultSet  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Re: Streaming ResultSet  (danap <danap@itstriangle.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi Kevin,

How is your question / suggestion going?

I met the same problem. Our company uses PostgreSQL as the OLTP system. I am
working on an ETL project which reads data from a PostgreSQL db, transforms
the data and then load the data into another PostgreSQL db. The ETL tool
uses JDBC.

My problem is that the ETL won't start to transform the data before the
whole data result set has been loaded into memory.

I would like to do the data transforming and loading while extracting data.

Do you know if there is any progress reagrding the streaming result set? As
I know, MySQL does support it.

Thank you.

Regards,
Albert