Re: [GENERAL] Huge Pages - setting the right value - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pinker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Huge Pages - setting the right value
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrew Kerber wrote
> I can't give you an absolutely authoritative answer, but because of the
> way hugepages are implemented and allocated, I can't think how they could
> be used for other processes.  Linux hugepages are either 2m or 1g, far too
> large for any likely processes to require. They cannot be allocated in
> partial pages.

thank you for your help.
My system is using 2MB pages for shared buffers. I have checked and one of
my processes has used 606788kB of memory, so potentially could use ~ 300
huge pages, but does postgres can use it for non shared memory?