Re: Can't delete role because of unknown object - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can't delete role because of unknown object
Date
List pgsql-general
Craig Libscomb <craiglibscomb1972@gmail.com> writes:
> The following command:
> DROP USER IF EXISTS jpate;

> generates the following output:
> ERROR:  role "jpate" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
> DETAIL:  1 object in database products

> It would be most helpful to know what object in the products database
> depends on the jpate role, but I am unable to find anything that even
> begins to offer a clue. What command will show me this mysterious object,
> please?

You need to connect to that database and try the DROP USER from there.
It's not possible to produce very much info about the problematic
object when not connected to its database.  (I suppose we could tell
you the object kind, ie table/function/etc, but not more than that.)

            regards, tom lane