Re: BUG #6727: Column does not exist exception has no error code - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6727: Column does not exist exception has no error code
Date
List pgsql-bugs
tuckerpmt@gmail.com writes:
> The SQLException that is thrown when performing a query that has a column
> name that is not valid, does not exist, does not contain an error
> code.

Could you provide a specific example?  When I try this I see an error
code, 42703:

regression=# \set VERBOSITY verbose
regression=# select nosuchcol from int8_tbl;
ERROR:  42703: column "nosuchcol" does not exist
LINE 1: select nosuchcol from int8_tbl;
               ^
LOCATION:  transformColumnRef, parse_expr.c:766

There may indeed be someplace where the errcode was forgotten, but
without a concrete example it's hard to find where.

            regards, tom lane