Re: Postgres 9.2.13 on AIX 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Rainer Tammer
Subject Re: Postgres 9.2.13 on AIX 7.1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,
OK, I'll try to find out which process is sending the SIGINT.

Bye
  Rainer

On 25.08.2021 18:19, Tom Lane wrote:
Rainer Tammer <pgsql@spg.schulergroup.com> writes:
It did run the server with auto vacuum disabled for ~ 24h - no server
shutdown.
After re-enabling auto vacuum the server dies in less then 9 hours:
This is just speculation, but it fits the reported facts: somewhere
you've got something that tries to limit the resources consumed by
a background process, and when it decides the limit is exhausted
then it sends SIGINT.  Without autovacuum waking up every so often,
the time for PG-as-a-whole to hit the hypothetical limit would be
much longer.

Would it be worth adding additional code before every signal to trace
the source ID and the target PID as well as the source/target process name?
I will be *mightily* astonished if the signal is coming from
within PG.  The more so since it appears to be happening while
the instance is entirely idle.
			regards, tom lane