Re:Re: BUG #15187: When use huge page, there may be a lot of hangedconnections with status startup or authentication - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From chenhj
Subject Re:Re: BUG #15187: When use huge page, there may be a lot of hangedconnections with status startup or authentication
Date
In response to Re: BUG #15187: When use huge page, there may be a lot of hangedconnections with status startup or authentication  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-bugs

At 2018-05-04 23:54:34, "Andres Freund" <andres@anarazel.de> wrote: >On 2018-05-04 12:46:40 -0400, Tom Lane wrote: >> PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes: >> > Operating system: CentOS release 6.5 >> >> > When use huge page, there may be a lot of hanged connections with status >> > startup or authentication state when multiple concurrent query operations >> > are performed. >> >> So don't do that. RHEL6 kernels are pretty ancient at this point, >> and are known to have performance issues with huge pages. > >They're known to have perf issues with *transparent* huge pages, not >huge pages, right? > >Chen, have you disabled transparent hugepages and zone reclaim? > >Greetings, >
>Andres Freund

c) Depend on huge page huge_page=on, happen(no matter transparent_hugepage is [always] or [never]) huge_page=off, not happen

When disable transparent hugepages ,this problem also occurs.
Aboud zone reclaim,I will see it later.
What I doubt is that this problem does not occurs at PostgreSQL 9.6.2 (I tested 10.2 and 9.6.2 on the same machine)
d) Depend on PostgreSQL Version
PostgreSQL 10.2 happen
PostgreSQL 9.6 not happen
Chen Huajun