Re: compile error of 7.4 beta1 on AIX 4.3.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: compile error of 7.4 beta1 on AIX 4.3.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Weiping He <laser@zhengmai.com.cn> writes:
> it seems we should use NI_NUMERICHOST in AIX, for I check the
> /usr/include/netdb.h
> there can't find AI_NUMERICHOST, just NI_NUMERICHOST. change AI_NUMERICHOST
> to NI_NUMERICHOST fixed the problem. But I don't konw the best way to
> fix it.

I don't think that's a good fix --- those are different symbols with
different purposes (and even different values, on other platforms).

Looking at src/include/getaddrinfo.h, it seems we assume we need to
supply definitions of AI_NUMERICHOST and NI_NUMERICHOST if and only
if not HAVE_STRUCT_ADDRINFO.  That's probably a bogus assumption.
Can you tell us what configure found for HAVE_STRUCT_ADDRINFO and
HAVE_GETADDRINFO?  Also, which of the macros defined in that file
exist in your system headers?

            regards, tom lane