[BUGS] Parser failed to return an error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From rob stone
Subject [BUGS] Parser failed to return an error
Date
Re: [BUGS] Parser failed to return an error  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp>)
List pgsql-bugs

Linux roblaptop 4.9.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.2-2 (2017-01-12) x86_64
GNU/Linux

I was running a query like:-

SELECT TO_CHAR(my_date,'dd-mm-yyyy) FROM my_table;

and I forgot to type the second single quotation mark at the end of the
mask string.

Under psql it just hung and I had to Ctrl-C to go back to a prompt and
under JDBC it hung as well and EQ just said "error", as in a failure of
some sort.

I would have expected either a 42601 error or maybe a 03000 error to
have been returned.

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Rob