Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)
Date
Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Mike Blackwell <mike.blackwell@rrd.com> writes:
> See for example
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/text.102/b14218/cqoper.htm#i997330,
> Table 3-1, third row, showing the precedence of '?'.  Further down the
> page, under "Fuzzy" see "Backward Compatibility Syntax".

If I'm reading that right, that isn't a SQL-level operator but an operator
in their text search query language, which would only appear in SQL
queries within string literals (compare tsquery's query operators in PG).
So it wouldn't be a hazard for ?-substitution, as long as the substituter
was bright enough to not change string literals.