Re: CASE(?) to write in a different column based on a string pattern - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moreno Andreo
Subject Re: CASE(?) to write in a different column based on a string pattern
Date
List pgsql-general
Il 13/11/19 17:48, Andrew Kerber ha scritto:
> So what you are doing is transforming the table format from vertical
> to horizontal.  I think you will want to use a union to join the table
> to itself along with the case statement to produce the output you are
> looking for.

Not precisely, the string pattern is only part of a bigger table (30
columns in total), what I'm trying to achieve is what Geoff explained,
just split values in 3 different columns based on the string pattern

Thanks for your time
Moreno.