Converting a TimestampTz into a C# DateTime - Mailing list pgsql-general

From valeriof
Subject Converting a TimestampTz into a C# DateTime
Date
Re: Converting a TimestampTz into a C# DateTime  (Arjen Nienhuis <a.g.nienhuis@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I'm handling a TimestampTz value inside a plugin to stream WAL changes to a
.NET client application. What I'm trying to do is to return all possible
column changes as binary (don't like to have Postgres handle the conversion
to string as I may need to have access to the bytes at the client level). In
case of a TimestampTz, is it possible to return the 8-bytes long integer and
then from the C# application convert the value to Ticks?

Thanks,
Valerio