repmgr: this node should be a standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From rugging24
Subject repmgr: this node should be a standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,
I am using repmgr 3.2 (PostgreSQL 9.6.0), postgresql-9.5.
I have a master, a slave and a third server for my setup. The third server
is used to house the rep mgr database.
my config is as below :

===MASTER=====
cluster=test
node=1
node_name=node1
conninfo='host=192.168.2.33 user=repuser password=repuser
dbname=replication_manager connect_timeout=10'
loglevel=INFO
logfacility=STDERR
logfile='/var/log/postgresql/repmgr.log'
pg_bindir=/usr/lib/postgresql/9.5/bin/

#service control commands

service_start_command = service postgresql start
service_stop_command = service postgresql stop
service_restart_command = service postgresql restart
service_reload_command = service postgresql reload
service_promote_command = pg_ctlcluster 9.5 main promote

pg_basebackup_options='--xlog-method=s'

==== Slave =========
cluster=test
node=2
node_name=node2
conninfo='host=192.168.2.33 user=repuser password=repuser
dbname=replication_manager connect_timeout=10'
loglevel=INFO
logfacility=STDERR
logfile='/var/log/postgresql/repmgr.log'
pg_bindir=/usr/lib/postgresql/9.5/bin/

#service control commands

service_start_command = service postgresql start
service_stop_command = service postgresql stop
service_restart_command = service postgresql restart
service_reload_command = service postgresql reload
service_promote_command = pg_ctlcluster 9.5 main promote

pg_basebackup_options='--xlog-method=s'

========= The third server===========
this holds the rep mgr database .

- I was able to register the master to the cluster
master node correctly registered for cluster test with id 1 (conninfo: host=
192.168.2.31 user=repuser password=repuser dbname=repmgr connect_timeout=10)

But when I tried registering the slave node, I get the following error :

this node should be a standby (host= 192.168.2.33 user=repuser
password=repuser dbname=replication_manager connect_timeout=10)

Is there a way to run repmgr with the rep mgr table on a separate server ?

regards

rugging24