Error running custom plugin: “output plugins have to declare the _PG_output_plugin_init symbol” - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From valeriof
Subject Error running custom plugin: “output plugins have to declare the _PG_output_plugin_init symbol”
Date
Responses Re: [HACKERS] Error running custom plugin: “output plugins have to declare the _PG_output_plugin_init symbol”  (Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, I'm kind of new to Postgres and I'm trying to create a custom output
plugin for logical replication (Postgres is 9.5.4 version and I'm building
the project from a Windows 8/64 bit machine - same machine where the db is
installed).
I started from the code of the sample test_decoding, and I was trying to
simply rebuild it under a new name and install it into Postgres to see if
the module works. Once done, I will start modifying the code.

My project is built in Visual Studio 2013 and the only steps I took were to
copy the built assembly under Postgres lib folder. When I run the command:

postgres=# SELECT * FROM
pg_create_logical_replication_slot('regression_slot', 'my_decoding');

I get an error saying that "output plugins have to declare the
_PG_output_plugin_init symbol".

In my code, I have the function declared as extern:

extern void _PG_init(void);
extern void _PG_output_plugin_init(OutputPluginCallbacks *cb);

and the body of the function is defined somewhere below it.

The actual code is just a copy of the test_decoding sample:
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/REL9_5_STABLE/contrib/test_decoding/test_decoding.c

I'm not sure if the deployment process is ok (just copying the dll) or if
there is some other step to take. Can anyone shed some light?

thanks -