Re: [BUGS] \copy produces CSV output that cannot be read by \copy - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] \copy produces CSV output that cannot be read by \copy
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> The format produced by COPY OUT looks fine to me, and can be reloaded
> with a plain COPY (not \copy). And you may be interested in this bit
> from src/bin/psql/copy.c:
>                     /*
>                      * This code erroneously assumes '\.' on a line alone
>                      * inside a quoted CSV string terminates the \copy.
>                      *
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1TdNVQ-0001ju-GO@wrigleys.postgresql.org
>                      */

I wonder if it would improve matters to check for "\." only when
copystream == pset.cur_cmd_source, that is, only when the copy data
is inlined into the SQL stream.  That would create an inconsistency
between inline and out-of-line data, but it might be a reasonable
thing to do anyway.